3.18.2013

Renaissance, is it making a comeback?

Not long after I started this blog, I was watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta (my favorite RH series. Orange County and Beverly Hills are tied for second). During this particular episode, Cynthia decides to host a pageant called Miss Renaissance. Nothing about her pageant said Renaissance to me, and I was worried that once people saw my blog they would think I got the idea from her (I didn't). And then, a few episodes later, Porsha says shes throwing a Renaissance themed birthday for her husband. It was actually based on the Harlem Renaissance , not the European one. But her party reflected the spirit of the Harlem Renaissance, so I didn't feel so uptight about it. I felt like I should be happy that Renaissance themes are making a comeback, this nation is long overdue for a cultural revolution, but instead I felt like the Real Housewives were stealing my idea. A silly notion though, since they have the platform to reach millions, and well....I don't. Anyway, this is my little disclaimer. I did not get the Renaissance idea from the Real Housewives of Atlanta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment