3.20.2013

Post Birthday Reflection

Last Wednesday, I turned twenty-nine years old. It feels weird, that this is my last year in my twenties. I feel like I should be setting some special goals, or trying to squeeze in some time at bars or something. So far, twenty-nine has been spent doing my externship and dealing with illness after illness for me and my family. I feel drained and exhausted. I guess I really am getting old :) My birthday was pretty much uncelebrated in favor of my kids (my son's birthday is March 6th and my daughter's is March 13th, like me). I prefer it for the most part. I don't have any friends to celebrate it with, so focusing on my kids' birthdays takes my mind off mine. I did get an Ipod classic from my husband though (I've been wanting one for years) and tickets to see The Package Tour (NKOTB, 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men) in Las Vegas from my mother in law. I was super excited to receive them, until I found out that she is making it a family trip. Travelling with her is stressful, travelling with her where there's an abundance of alcohol is worse. Plus, shes supposed to be babysitting our kids, so we have to bring them to Vegas too. My daughter gets car sick in the heat, and the drive there is pretty much all desert so....its going to be a really stressful time. I'm trying not to focus on it right now though. A lot could happen between now and July, so maybe they (my mother in law, father in law, and sister in law) will have something come up and won't be able to go. One can only hope anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment